August 8, 2013

Crazy (Political) House Party: Bring Your Own Glue

   For the love of Pete. How can it be election time again? Did we not just stumble out of our election box torture chambers, eyes widened in a stupor of horror, and heave a sigh of relief that we would be free of them for at least five minutes? I have not completed my therapy course from the last one. Claustrophobia, you know. Those booths are positively suffocating.


   Not wishing to be a Negative Nelly, I must pause my rant to pay all sides a heartfelt compliment. I am impressed the parties have found the time to gather enough mud balls to sling at their opponents. I am still trying to remove my clothing stains from the Presidential debacle. By "debacle," I simply mean "election." I am fairly certain the terms have become synonymous, and frankly I just really like the word "debacle." Debacle debacle debacle.

    While we are talking political "parties": I take issue with the blatant abuse of the word "party" when applied in a political context. Nobody knows how NOT to let loose like a group of candidates and their supporters. (I include myself in that generalization. I am already a living vacuum, sucking the fun out of any room I enter, but you should see me suck at election time.) Oh sure, they all appear drunk and high when you see them at rallies, but that is just a reaction to all the stamps they have been licking on their mail-distributed propaganda. Anybody would get fun and crazy after all that glue. You see the same type of celebrations in a mental ward. At least, I hope to experience this if I ever reside in one, which does not seem too far-fetched.

   Happily, I sense that this year's race will prove different. The way I realized this season of insanity was underway was a catchy pink camouflage sign, inviting me to vote for somebody named "Barbie." I am actually not making that up. You can Google it. I love the breath of fresh air, and would vote for anyone with pink camo ads. This candidate may actually put the party back in party politics. I hope she holds them at the Barbie Dream House. I have heard it has an elevator and a teeny tiny pool. Also, I would really love to raid her closet. This ambitious fashionista has been a stewardess, teacher, astronaut, tour guide, veterinarian, MD, hairdresser, ballet dancer...  I would hope some of her campaign outfits contained therein are actually a pink camouflage print.